The need for professional security guards in Pennsylvania is increasing with the growth in other major sectors like IT, Health, Education and more. The career scope for security guards in Pennsylvania is high; however, the state requires the candidates to undergo the established security guard training in Pennsylvania to obtain a valid pa security guard license.
Armed or unarmed, the candidates must fulfill the licensing requirements to become a professional Pennsylvania security guard. There are renowned trainers and institutions to provide Pennsylvania security guard training. They also guide in obtaining your license in a quick and formal way.
Security Guard Profile:
The need for unarmed guards is increasing in the security industry; therefore, potential candidates can expect excellent opportunities in their career.
The security guard with a proper Pennsylvania security license has many responsible roles to play. You have the responsibility to protect and safe guard both the public and premises or property. The job profile may differ with the employee or your work environment.
Some of the most common security guard responsibilities include:
- Monitoring exit and entrance
- Law enforce
- Control the crowd
- Prevent criminal activities
- React instantly during an emergency
- Use advanced surveillance and security equipment
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a growth in security guard jobs in Pennsylvania by 7%, which implies that the need for trained and licensed security guards is increasing. Therefore, holding a valid Pennsylvania security guard license is imperative.
Basic Requirements of security guard license Pennsylvania:
Some of the basic requirements to become qualified for the security guard training Pennsylvania and obtain your license are:
- You must be the citizen of the USA and resident of Pennsylvania
- You must be over 18 years of age for unarmed licensing and 21 years for armed licensing
- You must provide a valid photo identification to the Clerk of Courts
- You must submit fingerprints to the State Police, Central Repository
- You must submit a criminal background check conducted by the Clerk of Courts and District Attorney’s Office
- You must undergo 40 hours of security guard training in Pennsylvania
- You must be free of felony convictions
- You must be mentally competent
- You must have good physical fitness and moral characters
What does the security guard training in Pennsylvania includes:
- Legal issues
- Ethical issues
- Fire emergency
- Medical emergency
- Crowd control
- Write reports
The security guards after attending the required Pennsylvania security guard training and obtaining your security guard license Pennsylvania will work in a different environment or work place like:
- Retail stores
- Parking structures
- Schools / universities
- Private and public buildings
More Information about Security Guard Jobs in Pennsylvania
To know more the security guard job profile and obtain your license in a formal way, visit:
Find the details your career opportunities in the security industry, visit: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/jobseekers/11372