Eligibility Criteria and Qualification Requirement for becoming Security Guard in Oklahoma
The security industry in Oklahoma is growing in recent years with the development of other sectors in the country. The need for professional and licensed security guards is also higher, which states that there is a great job opportunity for the trained and licensed security guards in Oklahoma.
If you are trying to enter into the security industry and begin your career as a security guard in Oklahoma, then you have taken the right decision.
The security guards with Oklahoma Security License play the vital role. They have many responsibilities and duties to perform. Their job is noble, as they not only safeguard the premises and properties belonging to, but also protect people from vandalism and criminal activities that threats public.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the security guards with Oklahoma Security License can expect over $25,780 as annual wage and expect job prospect by 13%. The job opportunities are ample for both entry-level security guards and experienced guards. However, be it for unarmed or armed security guard jobs, you must obtain a valid Oklahoma Security Guard License issued by the state.
Qualification and Eligibility Requirements for Oklahoma Security Guard License;
With Oklahoma offering wide job opportunities for the formally trained and licensed personnel, there are a certain eligibility criteria to be met to become qualified. Whether you want to become an unarmed security guard or armed security guard, you must primarily fulfil the eligibility requirements and complete Security Guard Training in Oklahoma established by the state.
Here follows the eligibility requirements for Security Guard Training Oklahoma and licensing:
- You must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years of age for armed security guard
- You must be citizen of the USA and resident of Oklahoma
- You must provide the proof of residency
- You must not have any felony conviction
- You must have good moral characters
- You must be physically and mentally in good health
- You must be alcohol dependent
- You must hold a valid driver’s license issued by the state
- You must complete the established Oklahoma Security Guard Training
- You must have good linguistic fluency in English
- You must submit two CLEET fingerprint cards
- You must fill all the questions in the application for Security Guard License Oklahoma
What does the Oklahoma Security Guard Training include?
- How to deal with legal and ethical issues
- How to respond during medical and fire emergencies
- How to control crowd
- How to use the given limited force
- How to with criminal suspects
- How to maintain a good public relation
To know more about how to apply and attend the training classes for security guard job in Oklahoma, visit:
To know more information about the application for security guard, visit:
COUNCIL ON LAW ENFORCEMENT EDUCATION AND TRAINING,
2401 Egypt Road,
Ada, Oklahoma 74820-0669
(405) 239-5110 or (580) 310-0871
For more information: Security Guards New License Applicants -http://www.ok.gov/cleet/documents/IndividualLicenseApplicationJuly2006.pdf
Applicant Checklist for Completed Application -http://www.ok.gov/cleet/documents/IndividualLicenseApplicationJan2011.pdf
Other Helpful Resources: