Become a Professional Security Guard in New Hampshire – Eligibility and Requirements
The need for professional security guards in New Hampshire is increasing with the growth in many sectors. However, to become a professional guard, it is imperative to hold a valid Security guard license New Hampshire issued by the state.
Career as Security guard with New Hampshire security guard license:
Guards with New Hampshire security license play the vital role in protecting the property and people from any losses, including theft, criminal activity and fire emergencies.
Besides these responsibilities, the security guards also have the major role to play in:
- Preventing theft, vandalism, harmful situations
- Maintain the safety of the employees, guests, residents and others in the location where employed
- Armed security guards may use force against the violators with handcuffs, handguns, pepper spray and other tools permitted by the law
However, the duties and responsibilities of the security guards may vary greatly with their position and field they are engaged in. Nevertheless, security guard can expect to work as:
- Armored car guard
- Security screener at Sporting event
- Surveillance officer
- Warehouse guard and more
While considering the prospect of guards with New Hampshire security license in the industry, a potential candidate can expect to get $ 26,000 as annual wage.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the growth rate of security guard jobs in New Hampshire is 11%, which is increasing year by year.
Requirements for New Hampshire security guard license:
Regardless of armed or unarmed security guards, it is imperative to undergo the state established Security guard training in New Hampshire to obtain the license. However, there are certain eligibility criteria to be fulfilled to become qualified for the training and licensing.
Here are the requirements for Security guard training in New Hampshire:
- You must be 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years for armed security guard
- You must be the citizen of USA and resident of New Hampshire
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must not have involved in any violence, fraud or drugs
- You must undergo finger print and background check
- You must complete the required paper works by the Division of Licensing
- You must have good communication skills and moral characters
- You must be in good physical and mental condition
What does the New Hampshire security guard training Syllabus contain?
You must have at least 4 years experience to become qualified for the Security guard training New Hampshire and become a professional security guard with excellent salary packages. Some of the major training syllabus for Security guard training New Hampshire includes,
- Crowd control
- Law enforcement
- Use of force for armed security guards
- Write report
- Work with other professionals during emergencies
- Handle surveillance equipment and more
Useful Resources for New Hampshire security guard training and licensing:
To know more about Security guard license New Hampshire and training, visit:
You can also visit:
Division of Licenses and Permits New Hampshire Department of Safety
James H. Hayes Building 33 Hazen Dr,
Other Helpful Resources: