Security Guard Training in Nevada – Requirements and Eligibility for becoming Security Guard in Nevada
Obtaining Nevada security license is considered to be imperative in the state, especially when you want to get employed in a large organization or public companies. Although the need for Nevada security guard license is not emphasized in private companies, it is still required if you want to get employed in a good position with excellent salary packages.
According to the Nevada law, security guards are the private patrol officers with either individual license or corporate licenses. There are some prerequisite requirements to be fulfilled by every candidate while applying for the security guard license Nevada.
Every candidate must formally undergo the security guard training Nevada, as established by the state to become qualified for the licensing.
Career as Security Guard in Nevada
There is an excellent career opportunity for the security guards holding a valid Nevada security guard license. The security guard in Nevada has different responsibilities and roles to play. To point a few:
- Circulating among casino patrons to ensure order
- Work as armoured car guard
- Watch entrance
- Control crowd
- Act during an emergency fire / medical
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, candidate with valid security guard license Nevada can expect about $27,490 as annual wage and currently there are over 20,200 candidates are employed as security guards in Nevada.
Eligibility Requirements for Security Guard Training in Nevada:
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must be the citizen of the USA and a resident of Nevada
- You must hold a higher school certificate or equivalent
- You must not any criminal records of felony convictions
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- You must be free from convictions related to illegal possession or use of a weapon
- You must possess 2000 hours of experience working as a private patrol officer
- You must pass through the background investigation conducted by the FBI
Security Guard Training in Nevada is required for both armed and unarmed security guards. However, armed security guards may have to undergo extra hours of Security guard training in Nevada compared to the unarmed security guards to become qualified.
The state establishes 11 hours of Security guard training in Nevada which includes:
- Crowd control
- Ethical and legal issues
- CPR and first aid
- Writing reports
- Detaining shoplifters
- Emergency training and CPR
The armed security guards will undergo all the courses specified for the unarmed guards in the Nevada security guard training, however, they need to take up 8 extra hours of Nevada security guard training, where they will be trained about handling weapons.
Helpful Resources for Security guard training Nevada / Licensing:
Send your application to:
401 S. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4747
Other Helpful Resources