Requirements of security guard in Alabama – Obtain Security Guard License Alabama to become a Professional
The security industry in Alabama is growing with many opportunities for the security guards. If you have decided to choose your career as a security guard, then you have taken the right decision. Recent statistics clearly state that there is an enormous requirement of skilled and professional security guard in various sectors.
Importance of Security Guard License – Why do you need it?
The need for holding an Alabama security guard license was emphasized since May, 2009. Anyone who wants to serve in the security industry in Alabama must hold a valid license issued by the Alabama Security Regulatory Board.
Career Profile and growth as a Security Guard holding License:
A licensed security guard can perform in various domains and the opportunities for security jobs in Alabama are very high. Your job responsibilities will vary and depends on the field you are in and your job nature include:
- Monitoring premises against criminal activities, theft and fire
- Security officers
- Armed guards
- surveillance officer
- Transportation security screeners and more
You will work in different fields like:
- Shopping malls
- Apartment complexes
- Public buildings
Eligibility Requirements to become a Security Guard in Alabama
According to the Alabama security regulatory board, anyone seeking to choose your career as unarmed or armed security guard must complete 8 hours of Board approved training program before applying for your license with a certified trainer.
Besides, there are also other requirements and eligibility criteria, which you need to, fulfill before undergoing your security guard training in Alabama and they include:
- Must pass the written exam related to the 8 hours class training
- Must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed license and 21 years for armed guard license
- Must be the citizen of the USA
- Must not have convicted any felonries within last 10 years
- Must have good physical and mental health
- Must hold a high school diploma, G.E.D or any equivalent certificate
- Must take up additional training to carry firearm while you are on duty
In addition to meeting these eligibility requirements, the state also requires you to fill a written form providing all details asked to obtain unarmed security guard license in Alabama. This form includes details like:
- Personal information
- Proof of training and certificate given by the state
What will you learn in the 8 hours Security Guard Training Program?
- Use of limited force
- Skills to handle ethical and legal issues
- How to report to your authorities
- How to write written reports formally
- How to control crowd
- How to detain suspects
- How to deal during a fire emergency
- How to give first aid and CPRI during a medical emergency
Security guard companies in Birmingham, Alabama will help you undergo proper training and obtain a license in a formal way.