Security Guard Training in West Virginia – Key Requirements to become Professional Security Guard in Virginia
The need for professional security guard in West Virginia is increasing with the huge development and growth the state is currently experiencing. Although the need for West Virginia Security License is not emphasized for unarmed security guards, it is still demanded by large organizations and public sectors that are seeking professionals with appropriate training and West Virginia Security Guard License issued by the state.
The professional security guards have various responsibilities to perform and work as surveillance officer, armed security guards and more. They have the major jobs of writing a detailed report of the daily activities, unusual occurrences in the premises and more. The security guards will also have to answer alarms and take part in the investigation by police or detective agencies in case of criminal activities.
Job Prospects of Security Guards with West Virginia Security License:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are about 22,450 security guards employed in West Virginia and the average wage for the security guard with West Virginia Security Guard License is $27,140.
Requirements for Security Guard License West Virginia:
In West Virginia, the unarmed security guards must be registered to get a decent package and work with large recognized companies. Besides, the applicant or individual desiring to become security guard must fulfill the state established qualifications and eligibility criteria, which includes:
- You must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years of age for unarmed security guard licensing
- You must be the citizen of the USA and resident of West Virginia
- You must submit and pass the criminal background check
- You must hold a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- You must hold a valid photo identification
- You must be physically and mentally in good condition
- You must have good communication skills
- You must be capable of standing for long hours
- You must pass the drug screening test
- You must have any felony convictions
- You must have undergone 18 hours of Security Guard Training in West Virginia
- You must undergo additional hours of training for armed Security Guard License West Virginia
In addition to obtaining the West Virginia Security Guard Training and licensing, some organizations may also expect the security guards to have possessed previous experience for at least one year to add to their eligibility.
What does the Security Guard Training West Virginia Syllabus contain?
The Security Guard Training in West Virginia syllabus includes:
- First aid overview
- Legal aspects
- Report writing
- Incident response
- Role of private security
- Observation and patrol
- Addressing the public issues / customer service issues
- Surveillance operation / documentation
Helpful Resources to know more about West Virginia Security Guard Training and licensing:
To know more about Security Guard Training West Virginia, visit:
Secretary of State
Bldg. 1, Suite 157-K
1900 Kanawha Blvd. East
Charleston, WV 25305-0770
Phone: (304) 558-8000
Toll-Free (866) 767-8683
Fax (304) 558-0900
To know about fees and other details,
West Virginia Secretary of State Office– http://www.sos.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx