Security Guard Training in Kentucky – A Guide to become Licensed Security Guard in Kentucky
Becoming security guard in Kentucky requires some special skills and qualifications of the individuals who are looking to enter security industry. Although the need for Kentucky Security License is not emphasized to work in small and private organizations, it is still required, when you want to work in large and public organizations in a better position and excellent salary package.
If you are looking for your career as a security guard in Kentucky, then you have taken the right decision, as the industry is growing and the need for professional and trained security guards are increasing in the state.
The security guards with appropriate Kentucky Security License have many responsible duties to perform such as:
- Protecting the property and people in the premises from theft
- Prevent criminal activities
- Control the crowd
- Manage and handle the surveillance equipments
- Patrolling and observing the environment
- Responding to an emergency situation and more
The job responsibilities and positions may vary according to the sector and organization you are employed in. Moreover, the wages are also calculated according to your experience and position.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the security industry is experiencing a growth by 12%, which states that there is an increasing need for trained and licensed security guards in Kentucky.
The trained individuals with Security Guard License Kentucky can expect an average wage of $27, 550 per annum, which may vary with your position and years of experience.
The security guards with appropriate Kentucky Security Guard Training and licensing have huge job opportunities to work in:
- Shopping malls
- Transportation facilities
- Entertainment venues
- Schools and universities
- Airport, railway stations
- Large corporate companies and more
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria to be fulfilled for Kentucky Security Guard License:
To obtain a valid state issued Kentucky Security Guard License, you must undergo state established Security Guard Training in Kentucky and licensing examination. However, to get qualified for the training and licensing, here are a few requirements to be fulfilled:
- You must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years of age for armed security guard licensing
- You must have a valid high school diploma certificate or equivalent certification
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must hold a valid driver’s license
- You must be in good mental and physical condition
- You must be capable of standing for long hours
- You must have good moral characters
- You must have good communication skills
The Security Guard Training Kentucky for armed security guards may require the candidates to under extra hours of training in handling weapons and other activities.
To know more about Security Guard Training in Kentucky and licensing, visit;
DEPARTMENT OF CODES AND REGULATIONS
DIVISION OF LICENSING & PERMITS
444 South Fifth Street
Louisville, KY 40202-4314