Security guard training in Wisconsin – What are the Qualifications and Requirements to become Security Guard in Wisconsin?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is an increasing need for security guards with Wisconsin security license. Currently about 10630 security guards are employed in Wisconsin and the average wage per annum for the professionals with Wisconsin security guard license are $25,570 per annum. This would be a great opportunity for the persons who are looking for challenging job, while serving the nation. If you are seeking employment and have chosen security guard as your career, then you have taken the right decision.
To become a professional security guard and work in large public or private organizations, there are certain requirements and eligibility criteria to be fulfilled and here they are for you;
Wisconsin state creates opportunities for the candidates to work both as unarmed and armed security guards. However, obtaining the valid Wisconsin security license is imperative to work as a professional and get expected salary. The Wisconsin security guard training and licensing are regularized by the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing Office for the unarmed security guards.
Requirements for security guard license Wisconsin:
- You must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years for armed security guard
- You must be the citizen of the USA and residents of Wisconsin
- You must hold a valid photo identification issued by the state
- You must provide character references
- You must pass background check and submit electronic fingerprint
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must have good moral character
- You must hold a valid driver’s license
On obtaining your valid Wisconsin security guard license you now become qualified to get employed in any private or public companies with excellent pay. You also have the opportunity to get employed at various levels and designation.
What does the Security guard training Wisconsin Training Syllabus Contain?
- An overview of first aid
- How to write reports
- What are the roles of private security guards
- Legal aspects
- How to respond during an incident
- How to deal with customer service issues – addressing the public
- Handling and operating surveillance devices and documentation
- Patrol and observation
- Law and ethics
- Rules and procedures
- Uses of force for armed security guards
- Accident prevention
Becoming Armed Security Guards:
The candidates attempting to become armed security guard must undergo an additional hour of security guard training in Wisconsin. He must be at least 21 years of age and successfully complete 36 hours of firearms course. Armed security guard may also have to undergo a refresher course conducted annually.
The roles and responsibilities of the security guards may vary according to the company and industry you are employed in. Your role may vary as inspecting and adjusting the modern and advanced security systems, patrons, warning employees, patrons of rules infractions, manage employees to prevent crime and preserve order in the corporate.
Useful Resources to know more about security guard license Wisconsin and Training
Department of Safety and Professional Services
1400 East Washington Avenue,
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-2112
Other Useful Resources
Security Guard Training in Illinois