How to Become a Professional Security Guard?
Becoming a security guard in Idaho requires certain qualifications fulfilled by the candidate. The state requires the candidates who wish to become professional security guards in Idaho to undergo established training and obtain a valid Idaho security guard license.
Although the license is not strongly required for unarmed security guards it is still emphasized for those who want to work in a large company or become an armed security guard.
Career Prospect of Security Guards in Idaho:
The security guard with Idaho security license will play a vital role with many responsibilities to be taken. The security guard has the responsibility to protect the property, premises, and people from the damage against fire. He has the responsibility to prevent theft and criminal activities.
However, the duties of a licensed security guard may vary with the job type and industry you are employed in.
Some of the other responsibilities of the security guards are:
- Answer alarms
- Investigate the disturbances
- Protect commercial premises
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises
- Look for intrusions
- Monitor and authorize departures of employees, guests and visitors
Security Guard Salary, Idaho:
A security guard with a valid Idaho security guard license can expect an average annual wage of $26,800.
Security guards at higher-end assignment can expect even up to $31, 690.
According to the Bureau of Statistics, the growth of security industry is estimated by 24%, which states a good prospect for security guard jobs with a state issued Idaho security license.
Basic Requirements of security guard license Idaho:
Although there are no specific requirements to work as unarmed security guards in private or small companies, it is still emphasized to work with an excellent salary. Some of the basic qualification requirements for security guard license Idaho are:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be the citizen of the USA and resident of Idaho
- You must hold a high school diploma or an equivalent certificate
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must have a valid driver’s license issued by Idaho state
- You must pass fingerprint and background check
- You must pass drug test
- You must be in a good physical condition
- You must have good moral characters
- You must have good communication skills
- You must be capable of standing for long hours
What does the Security guard training Idaho Consist?
The Security guard training Idaho contains state established syllabus and training program, which every potential applicant for a security guard license must undergo to become qualified.
The training consists:
- State law
- Responsibilities of the security guards
- Handling emergencies like fire, medical
To know more about Security guard training in Idaho and licensing:
Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licensing
700 W State St
Boise, ID 83702, United States
Phone – (208) 334-3233
Fax – (208) 334-3945
Other helpful resources for Security guard training in Idaho:
Career Information about Security Guards – http://www.careerinfonet.org/
Security Guard Training in Oregon
Security Guard Training in Utah
Security Guard Training in Washington