What are the Eligibility Requirements for Security Guards in Indiana?
The need for Indiana security guard license is emphasized for both armed and unarmed security guards to work in large and recognized private and public organizations. Although the need for Indiana security guard license is not strong, some private companies expect the security guards to hold a valid license before employing. However, both armed and unarmed security guards must undergo the state established security guard training Indiana program at a licensed and state recognized institution.
Career as Security Guard in Indiana:
If you are thinking to choose security guard as your job, then you have chosen the right career, as the security industry is growing in Indiana tremendously. A licensed security guard can expect on an average of $22,700 of salary per annum. Your job profile would vary with the company or employee, where you are employed in.
- Answering alarms
- Investigating disturbances
- Circulate among employees and patrons
- Prevent theft
- Monitor and adjust controls
- Regulate building systems
What are the eligibility requirements for security guard training Indiana?
On attempting to obtain a valid Indiana security license from the government through the security guard training in Indiana, the candidate must first become qualified by fulfilling certain criteria established by the state and they include:
- You must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years of age for armed security guard
- You must submit FBI style background check and finger print
- You must hold a valid high school diploma or an equivalent certification
- You must submit drug test
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- You must be capable of standing for long hours
- You must be in good physical and mental condition
- You must have good communication skills
What will you learn from the security guard training in Indiana?
The candidate who undergoes the training program for the Indiana security license will be prepared as a professional to work in the security industry. The course you study is approved by the Indiana Department of Public Safety. This course will enable you to get easily employed with excellent salary package.
The course covers:
- Role of private security
- Legal / ethical issues
- Non-lethal force
- Professionalism with public
- Handling medical emergencies, including CPR
- Detainment methods and more
- Patrol and observation
- Responding to the incident
- First aid overview
- To work with officials and report emergency / criminal situation
The unarmed security guards are trained to firmly handle any situation that can happen daily. They are also trained to skillfully handle an emergency situation with confidence until the officials like ambulance, fire or police arrive.
Where are the Security Guards Employed?
The candidates with security guard license Indiana are employed in various places like:
- Banks / financial institutions
- Shopping malls
- Schools / colleges
- Public places / parks
- Apartment complexes
- Museums / retail stores and more
Security Guard Resources:
To know more about Security Guard Licensing and requirements, visit: security-license.com
Or Call to: 877 – 579 – 0759
To know more about the training and courses, visit; Indiana Professional Licensing Agency – http://www.in.gov/pla/pisg.htm
Other Helpful Resources:
Security Guard Training in Minnesota
Security Guard Training in Illinois
Security Guard Training in Michigan