Becoming a Licensed Security Guard in Delaware – Things to Know
The scope of security guard professionals in Delaware is increasing with the growth in various sectors. The outlook for security guard jobs is good in the coming years. The current projection for the jobs both at the state and national level have raised by 13%. The professionals with a Delaware security license have huge job opportunities to work in large private and public organizations.
The security guards with Delaware security license have different roles to play and responsibilities to handle. They have the huge responsibility in keeping the government, retail and save individuals from theft.
The responsibility of the security guard further includes:
- Prevent property crime
- Prevent / manage the emergency situations due to fire
- Prevent vandalism
- Monitor surveillance equipment
- Control crowd and more
The Need for Delaware security guard license:
Obtaining a valid Delaware security guard license is imperative to work as a recognized and professional security guard.
Armed or unarmed, the security guard license Delaware is required to work in a private or public company as security guards, bank guards or armored car guards. Moreover, a candidate with the valid security guard license Delaware can expect higher wages than a non-licensed security guard. The opportunities for security guards with appropriate training and license are higher in Delaware.
Requirements for security guard training in Delaware:
Some of the basic requirements for security guards to become eligible for the security guard training in Delaware and licensing are:
- You must be 18 years of age for unarmed / 21 years for armed security guard
- You must be the citizen of the US and resident of Delaware
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must be able to meet all the qualifications set by State Board of Examiners
- You must complete 16 hours of training established by the state
- You must be hired by a licensed company
- You must undergo the drug testing and complete background / finger prints check
- You must be in good physical condition
- Holding a valid driver’s license will add to your qualification
- You must be able to stand for long hours
- You must have good moral characters and communication skills
What does Delaware security guard training Curriculum Include?
The Delaware security guard training includes:
- Legal aspects
- Incident response
- Role of private security
- Patrol and observation
- Manage security resources / surveillance operation / documentation
- Working with public
- Addressing public issues /crowd
- First aid overview
Useful Sources to know more about Security Guard Career:
To know more about the security guard certification and study guide, visit: http://dsp.delaware.gov/SBI%20Notification_files/16%20hour%20study%20guide.pdf
On successfully completing your Security guard training Delaware, you can call to (302) 672-5304 to know more about your career.
To know more details about the Security guard training Delaware application, visit:
State of Delaware Security Guard Application –
More Useful resources: