Security guard training in Illinois – How to Become a Qualified Security Guard in Illinois
Illinois, with many metropolitan areas in it is one of the fastest growing states in the USA. The growth of the state is also creating many job opportunities for the deserving candidates in the security industry. If you are the one looking to enter into this industry, then here follows a complete guide to help you;
Career as a Security Guard in Illinois:
Armed or unarmed, with a proper Illinois security license, you can work as a professional in the security industry.
The security guards or security officers, has many roles and responsibilities like:
- Inspect property and protect against vandalism, illegal activities, theft, terrorism and fire
- Deter criminal activity
- Enforce laws on property
- Protect employer’s property
Besides performing their responsible roles, their jobs also include:
- Using various types of telecommunications during an emergency to call for police assistance / emergency medical services
- Write comprehensive reports
- Interview victims or witness
- Prepare care reports
How to become a Security guard in Illinois?
Although there many eligibility criteria to fulfill to become a licensed security guard, he must also have other qualities like;
- Have common sense
- Show good judgment
- Follow directions
- Follow company guidelines and policy
- Testify accurately in the court
Eligibility Requirements for security guard training Illinois:
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass background check
- Must complete essential classroom training as required by the state
- Must undergo 20 hour training program
- Must provide a valid photo identity
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent certificate
Security Guard Job Prospects and Salary:
Public or private, all companies expect trained, licensed and experienced security guards. With the proper security guard training in Illinois and license, you can work on full time / part-time basis, with flexible hours. However, to meet the competition and fulfill fundamental requirements, holding a valid security guard license Illinois is imperative.
An experienced security guard in Illinois can expect over $39,360 as salary per annum. However, while stating industry wise, you can expect
- $29,020 from general medical and hospital industry
- $27,980 from educational institutions
- $22,170 from Security and investigation
- $25,660 from Travel / accommodation and
- $27, 600 from local government companies
Security training Center Chicago Illinois:
An applicant must undergo the training program for security guard, which covers fundamentals and includes details about PERC – Permanent Employee Registration Card. This PERC is very important to get employed by the private security agencies.
Obtaining a PERC card is equivalent to obtaining your Illinois security guard license.
This card states your employer that you have passed the required background checks including submitting your fingerprints. Until you get your PERC, you may not be able to apply for the security guard jobs.
To know more about PERC, you can write to;
For more information, please contact:
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation – Division of Professional Regulation
320 West Washington Street
Springfield, IL 62786
To know more about Security guard training details, visit: http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/licensing/plb/42