Security Guard Training in Ohio
Although Ohio security guard license is not required to work as security guards in Ohio, it is still emphasized to work in large companies and public sectors. To obtain a valid license, the Ohio security guard must undergo security guard training Ohio established by the state government.
Ohio Security Guard Job Prospects:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Ohio,
- About 30,490 security guards are employed every year in Ohio
- A security guard on an average get $27,570 as an annual average wage
The state offers the choice to the applicant to work as an armed or an unarmed security guard according to his interest. However, the candidate must meet all the given requirements by the state to obtain a valid security guard license Ohio. Moreover, there are also a certain qualification criteria to be fulfilled by an individual to enter the security industry.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for security guard training Ohio?
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Must hold a high school diploma or GED
- Must be the citizen of the USA and registered resident of Ohio
- Must hold a valid driver’s license issued by Ohio State
- Must submit all required background checks and pass through
- Must undergo the required training program
- Must have good communication skills and moral character
- Must have good physical and mental health
- Must not have felony convictions
- Must be employed in a private security agency and work under the supervision of a licensed security officer
Career as Security Guard in Ohio:
By undergoing a formal Ohio security guard training in a registered training institution, you can get job opportunities from various sectors and companies. Security guards work in various places like shopping malls, schools, large corporate companies, manufacturing companies, warehouses and many more, Moreover, the job responsibilities will also vary according to the industry you are choosing like:
- Transportation security screener
- Warehouse guard
- Armored car guard
- Work in loss prevention department
- Control and manage crowd
Armed security guard training in Ohio:
To work as an armed security guard, you must undergo an additional Ohio security guard training for 24 hours.
The armed security guard training in Ohio includes:
- Firearms safety
- Target practice
- Use and maintenance of firearms
- Use of force
Armed or unarmed, the security guards must periodically renew their license issued by the state to keep it valid and continue in the industry.
Some training institutions may require the candidate to hold an associate degree in Criminal justice or law enforcement, if you are trying for higher levels of security guard jobs. However, achieving adequate and relevant on-the-job training is imperative to obtain your security guard license. You may also find useful on how to obtain Michigan security guard license.
For more information Security Guard Jobs, Visit Ohio Dept of Public Safety Laws & Rules
Or call (614) 466-4130
For more useful information:
Ohio Department of Public Safety,
1970 W Broad St. Columbus,
OH, 43223, United States
Phone: +1 614-466-3383