Security Guard Training in Missouri
Becoming a Professional and Licensed Security Guard – Requirements
Security guards have the responsibility role to play in protecting people and the premises. They must be determined in protecting the properties and protect people from any threat, criminal activities or during an emergency. However, some of the common responsibilities that every security guard has are:
- Answering the alarms
- Investigating disturbances
- Adjusting security systems and equipment
- Patrolling the premises and more.
Although the Missouri security guard license is not required to work in most of the company or organization as an unarmed security, it is still required to get employed at higher levels and get a good salary.
On an average, a security guard with Missouri security license can expect about $24,200 as annual salary and a potential security guard performing well in the industry can expect a good hike in the salary.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 4% of growth is expected every year in the security industry, Missouri.
Basic Requirements for security guard license Missouri:
Some of the basic requirements and qualification criteria to be fulfilled to become a professional Missouri security guard are:
- You must be 18 years of age
- You must be citizen of the USA and resident of Missouri
- You must undergo state established security guard training in Missouri
- You must hold a valid high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- You must not have any felony convictions
- You must pass drug test, fingerprint and background check
- You must hold a valid driver’s license
- You must have good communication skill
- You must be in good physical and mental condition
- You must be capable of standing for long hours
- You must undergo specified hours of security guard training Missouri
Candidates seeing for armed security guard licensing must be over 21 years and you must undergo extra hours of Missouri security guard training.
Responsibilities of Security Guards:
A licensed security guard, both armed and unarmed has the responsibility including:
- Ensure safety of the property
- Ensure safety of the residents / employees
- Workers patrol
- Monitor the premises
- Control crowd
- Protect people from criminal activities or threat
The security guards may get employed in any work environment and to point a few:
- Shopping malls
- Entertainment venues
- Public museums and more
According to the employment and environment, nature, the security guard may play different roles and responsibilities to handle. The security guards may also have to deal with some dangerous situations that are challenging.
It is imperative for a candidate seeking a valid state issued license to undergo on-the-job training or the state mandated training program, registration for armed guards and more.
The growth of job prospect in Missouri is estimated to be 12% between 2012 and 2022, with an average salary of $27, 550. This states that there is a good career prospect for the candidates who want to become professional security guards.
For more information about Security Guard Training: