Security Guard Training in Colorado
The Colorado state requires more numbers of licensed security guards to be employed in various public and private sectors. Most of the companies employ only trained and licensed security guards, who have the basic understanding of their job nature and responsibilities.
There are many security companies in Colorado springs looking for qualified security guards. Mostly importantly, they must be licensed and have undergone relevant training. However, licensing in Colorado is done on city level, than state level and it is governed by, Colorado Article V, Chapter 42, which outlines, basic qualifications required for obtaining the security guard license Colorado.
Where is Denver security guard employed in?
- Colleges and schools
- Malls and stores
- Housing areas like apartments and buildings
- Train stations
- Bus terminus / stop
Basic requirements for security training Colorado and licensing:
A security guard must hold his or her Colorado security guard license, as long as employed.
The requirements include;
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be the resident of Colorado and citizen of the USA
- You must hold a valid photo ID, including Identification Card issued by the Colorado state or Driver’s license
- You must have a valid security number
- Must submit your fingerprints and complete FBI background check
- Must submit health certificate issued by the licensed physician (Certificate must show good health and mental condition)
Security guard training in Colorado:
The training for unarmed security guard will educate you in various skills, which also prepares you to handle various situations firmly.
You will also be trained to deal with your authorities during an emergency situation and with the public.
The training includes:
- Ethics and legal issues
- How to use force legally
- How to detain suspects
- How to write reports
- How to work in a public setting
- Emergency training and more
Rules to Carry Weapons / arms during your Denver security guard services:
There are certain rules must be followed / fulfilled while you want to carry weapons during your working hours.
- You must the proof of compliance, Regulation No.7, when you carry mace, knife or nightstick with you
- An unarmed security guard must not carry knife of more than 3 inches in size
- Knight sticks must not be longer than 26 inches and 1 inch diameter
- On using a weapon, a written report about the indecent must be provided within 3 days to the Department of Excise and Licenses
To know more information about the security officer jobs Colorado and security guard license, visit; http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/code/882_1720.htm and
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Training course include?
- Applicant for armed security guard license must undergo more training hour than unarmed guard.
- The common topics for both armed and unarmed security guards will include: criminal justice, how to apprehend and detain criminals and emergency protocols.
- Armed security guard applicants should take an additional course in weapons and marksmanship.
- Both the security guard applicants must undergo training on an annual basis to retain their license.