Louisiana Security Guard Training
The need for licensed security guards in Louisiana is growing tremendously with the growth of other industries in the state. The state is experiencing about 8% to 10% of growth, which demands more numbers of trained and licensed security guards in Louisiana.
Although holding a license is not emphasized by many companies, especially by private sectors, a valuable Louisiana security guard license can improve the opportunity for you to get better placement with attractive salary.
Career and Louisiana security guard training:
According to the State Board of Private Security Examiners, Louisiana, an unarmed security guard must hold a license after undergoing appropriate training.
The security guards in Louisiana have the pivotal role to play in protecting people and property. They must stand against criminal activities, thieves, and help prevent losses from terrorist act and fire.
However, your duties and responsibilities may vary with the company you are employed in.
Security Guard Salary:
On holding a valid security guard license Louisiana, you can expect an average wage of $26,000 per annum. However, this is expected to increase by 9% next year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What are the Requirements for Louisiana security guard training?
Both unarmed and armed security guards are required to hold a valid license issued by the state. However, this requires some basic qualifications to be fulfilled and they are;
- You must be at least 18 years of age for unarmed and 21 years for armed
- Must completed high school certificate or GED
- Ready to submit a fingerprint to the FBI
- Must be a citizen of the USA and a resident of Louisiana
- Must complete 8-hour training program
- Must have good physical fitness and mental health
Armed security guards must meet additional requirements to become qualified and they are:
- Additional training in state law, ethical issues, emergency medical procedures crowd control, non-lethal force, CPR and use of force
- Additional course covers firearms training like target practice, marksmanship, state laws about limits of using force, emergency fire management
- Holding a valid driver’s license is an added benefit
Fees for security guard training in Louisiana:
- The application may cost $40
- Fingerprint processing fees may cost; $55.25
What does security guard training in Louisiana Syllabus include?
- Professionalism and public relation
- Using limited force properly
- How to determine criminal suspects
- How to deal with legal and ethical matters
- How to respond during a medical emergency / fire emergency
- How to control crowd
If you need to get more information for obtaining your security guard license in Texas, visit: http://www.securityguardpedia.com/texas-security-guard-training/
Here are some contact information for your security guard training and license:
Call (888) 446-9436
mail to / visit:
15703 Old Hammond Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225) 272-2310 Fax: (225) 272-5816 Toll Free: (888) 446-9436
To get more current information about security guard in Louisiana, visit; http://wwwprd.doa.louisiana.gov/laservices/publicpages/ServiceDetail.cfm?service_id=3441