Hawaii security guard training
Armed or unarmed security guard in Hawaii, you need to undergo essential training and hold a valid license issued by the state. There are also a certain criteria you must fulfill to apply for the security guard license in Hawaii. Although private companies do not demand a license to work as an unarmed security guard, officially issued a license by the state can increase your chance to become recognized and get employed in various sectors and companies as the professional security guard.
Security Guard Career Outlook:
Trained and qualified Security guard Hawaii has an important role to play in this island with the tourism and other sectors expanding widely. They play a very prominent role in stopping criminal activities and theft, particularly in the public place. However, specific job nature and duties would vary from company to company and business type.
You may work as a:
- Security officer
- In patrol
- Operate security equipments and metal detectors
- Guard private and public businesses
A professional security guard in Hawaii can expect about $37,600 as salary per annum. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, you can also expect good career opportunities in next few years, as the industry is experiencing at least 10% of growth on an average every year.
Guide to Obtain Security guard license Hawaii:
Effective from July1, 2013, every security guard, unarmed or armed must carry a guard card as the proof of fulfilling new state guidelines and have registered with the Board of private Detectives and Guards
Moreover, under Act 208, all agents, assistants, operatives and guards employed by the government agency or private business entity must apply and register with this Board. They must also meet all eligibility requirements for Hawaii security guard certification.
Eligibility requirements for Hawaii security guard license:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess high school education or an equivalent certificate
- Must be the citizen of the USA and resident of Hawaii
- Must have good physical fitness and mental health
- Must complete 8 hour classroom instruction and Hawaii security guard training given by the Board approved Instructor.
- Must pass the test administered by Board of Private Detectives and Guards, after the application is approved
- Thereafter, must attend 4 hours of classroom instruction training annually
- Pass fingerprint and criminal conviction check by FBI
- Holding a valid Driver’s license is an added advantage
- Must have good communication skills
Besides, an application as the security guard for at least 4 years of verifiable employment have more chances for getting his application easily approved for the license.
Courses covered in the security guard training Hawaii:
- State and federal laws
- Observation techniques
- Customer service
To know more information about the State of Hawaii security guard license, visit the official website; www.hawaii.gov
To know the recent announcements by the state regarding security guards, visit; www.hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl and click “Private Detectives and Guards” and “Important Announcements”
To know more useful information about Security Guard License and Application in Hawaii:
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
Professional and Vocational Licensing Branch
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
Call: (808) 586-3000